KTM 2019 300 XC-W TPI Fuel Injected 2 Stroke
KTM is combining top performance and outstanding ride-ability, NEW for 2019 the 300 XC-W TPI is distinguished by the lowest weight in its class, intuitive handling and with the awesome READY TO RACE performance. TPI stands for “transfer port injection“, and the groundbreaking new 2-stroke technology represents another major step forward on a global scale, once again demonstrating KTM’s unrelenting and continuous commitment to 2-strokes as such. The benefits to owners are clear: besides huge improvements in fuel efficiency, the electronics do away with the need for re-jetting, no matter the elevation of the race venue, prevailing weather conditions and the like.
2019 300 XC-W TPI Highlights
• UPDATED WP Xplor 48 upside-down split front fork. Updated, slightly stiffer fork setting - improved feedback and more bottoming resistance
• UPDATED WP Xplor PDS rear suspension features updated main piston and updated settings while still offering the progressive feel and excellent bottoming resistance only PDS can provide.
• New graphics and orange frame - high-end Ready to Race appearance
• New seat cover - improved comfort and grip
• New stronger and super lightweight Lithium-Ion battery - better starting
• 293.2 cc 2-Stroke engine fitted with a patented TPI fuel injection system for perfect fueling at any altitude, no premixing and reduced fuel consumption while still living up to the standard of a KTM 2-stroke.
• Cylinder with two injectors placed in the rear transfer ports for excellent downstream atomization of fuel
• EMS featuring a new ECU controlling ignition timing and fuel based on information from sensors reading intake and ambient air pressure, throttle position, water temperature for optimized engine response.
• 39mm throttle body by Dell’Orto features a butterfly valve controlled by a twin cable throttle.
• Electronic oil pump feeds oil from the 700cc oil tank to the intake to ensure a perfect fuel-oil mix under any condition while reducing smoking by 50% for up to 5 tanks of fuel.
• Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power
• Revolutionary lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
• 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off-road duty
• Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
• Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
• PDS Shock mounting geometry is matched to the aluminum swingarm with a centered location for nearly symmetrical loads to the swingarm.
• Forged aluminum triple clamp with 4 handlebar positions and a 22mm offset for precise handling.
• ODI grips that feature a lock-on design for the left grip and a vulcanized grip on the throttle side.
• “No Dirt” footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
• CNC machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and Dunlop tires for maximum strength and traction
• Airbox and filter design provides maximum performance with fast “no tools” air filter changes.
• Bodywork with perfect ergonomics and contact points for maximum control and comfort.
• 2.4 gallon see-through polyethylene tank provides the range needed from a true READY TO RACE enduro bike.
• “No Dirt” shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
2019 300 XC-W TPI SPECIFICATIONS
Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
Displacement: 293.2 cc
Bore/Stroke: 72 mm / 72 mm
Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah / Kickstarter
Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
Fuel System: TPI, Dell’Orto 39mm
Throttle Body Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
Primary Ratio: 26:73
Final Drive: 13:50
Cooling Clutch: Wet Multi-Disc DDS Clutch, Brembo Hydraulics
Ignition: Synerject EMS
Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in
Steering Head Angle: 26.5º
Triple Clamp Offset: 22 mm
Wheelbase: 1,482mm ± 10 mm / 58.3 ± 0.4 in
Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in
Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 l / 2.4 gal
Weight (without fuel), Approx: 103 kg / 227. lbs